Welcome to my Blog!

Welcome to my Blog devoted to the restoration of my 1972 Datsun 240z. I purchased it in 2013 and have been actively working on my driving-restoration, so I can enjoy the car rather than having it in pieces for years. Please enjoy the write-ups below, as well as the how-to's. Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any comments or questions. Thanks. - Dave

04 August 2013

Seatbelt upgrade



After too many passengers getting confused with the stock 3-point seatbelt harness (fixed length shoulder strap and all), I decided to upgrade to a set of Wesco seatbelts.  I believe they are either the same or very similar to the set that is available from Motorsports.  Wesco has a nice online system that allows the user to identify exactly which seatbelt combination to select based on the vehicle.

The setup I selected ended up being $173 out the door with shipping and tax.  See http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/

Here are some pictures of the before & after

Stock seatbelt system
Stock seatbelt on top, Wesco on the bottom


Wesco Seatblet connections (stock mounts)
Wesco receiver mount, stock location
Wesco shoulder harness, using the optional L-Bracket, stock mounting location

No comments:

Post a Comment